Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Lucky Horseshoe #Reclaimedbarnwood



Happy Sunday to you all!

Today I wanted to show you something I am super proud of.  I've been creating a lot of reclaimed barnwood signs as of late.  I'm hoping to show some of my signs off in the upcoming weeks.  But today I wanted to share this one with you. Remember when I made my horseshoe wreath of sorts?


You can view that post HERE

Well I wanted to use the horseshoe mold again for this project.
I haven't used this mold for about 8 months, but it's still as pliable as the day I created it.


First I "painted" the mold with the Alumilite powders.
Just dip your dry paintbrush in the powder and dust the mold.
I also used my Amazing Casting Resin mixed with the 
Alumilite Silver Metalic Powders for the base of the horseshoe
I made it look old and rusty.


The resin piece is super lightweight and it was easy to screw into my board.
I also painted the screws over so that they didn't look "new".
You can hardly even see them! 


I just love how grungy this looks.


And here is my L U CKY sign, painted and ready for it's forever home.  
Now had I used a real horseshoe this sign would also have been very heavy.

I hope you've enjoyed this quick and simple tutorial and would love if you left me a comment.

As always, have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorites have this to say